Atul Gupta discovered at an early age that he was gifted with the ability of expressing himself through diverse media – and of being an instrumental in making others express themselves too! Later, after graduating in the Science stream, he understood that the art of film-making had to be both, the way and the destination of his life!
So, he got himself trained in visual production and direction by Mr. Raymond Otis (Director of Certificate Courses in Multimedia, Ministry of California, USA) where he also took special training in Screenplay Writing from Mr. Otis, who is an award winning expert himself in scripting.
- To realize this theoretical education of international standards into the first hand practical working experience in film making, he went on to work in different positions, such as the Asstt. Director, Executive Producer, Editor etc.
- Armed with this specialized course on screenplay writing which gave him a good command on the subject and the subsequent hi-tech practical experience in all the formats & aspects of movie making – right from the concept development to production to audio-visual post-pro, including negative cutting & other lab works till the first copy is out, he started the journey as an independent director with corporate films.
- Some of these high profile corporate films, made for a very elite clientele such as P&G, HLL, HCC and Reliance to name a few, are of high and intricate technical and technological content and involve extensive CAD Animation. The real challenge in these films was to keep a viewer’s interest alive throughout the bombardment of facts and figures, and he has always been successful in achieving that! And the string of such successful projects is still continued…
- A wide exposure and deep understanding of music gives that lethal edge to his direction skills while conceiving and taking a shot & subsequently in post-pro. The unique approach and handling of his music videos is a testimony to that.
- With thorough learning & ample experience in the fields of Direction and Executive Production thus, he comfortably ventured into feature film category in the capacity of an independent Screenplay Writer & Director and has a completed & censored 35mm feature film titled “Taandav-The Dance of Revenge” to his credit.
- As a natural outcome of his diverse talents, he also freelanced as the A&R Manager and Media Planner for a few companies where he delivered excellent results with his innovative approach and planning.
- A complete professional of the film-craft thus, he is responsible for the overall quality and execution of the visual side of all the projects of the company as having good admin qualities, team-handling comes naturally to him and he is equally comfortable with the creative treatment of any genre of expression, be it fiction features, presentations, infomercials, docudramas or music videos.